Fresh to Brewing, need some direction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myco_mikey_mo

Reaction score
Hello to all. just wanted to say its an honor to be a part of your community. I'm very, very new to brewing. i have never brewed anything in my life, but through many dreams and desires i have the persuit of knowledge to learn as much as i can about this hobby. I hope someone out there can help point me in the right direction. i have looked over the web site many many times in the past few months and decided today to join! HomeBrewTalk is HUGE. i have barely skimmed the surface, and as i read i'm finding out that all the jargan and brewing terminology is kind of confusing me. even the noobie section is over my head. i was wondering if there is a book i should buy to learn the terminology or if someone could give me some advice. i want to start learning as much as i can but i don't want to get in over my head. the "soda" section seemed pretty straight forward, but when it came to all the equipment and tools that are needed i kind of spaced out. i'm young (23) and have my whole life ahead of me to learn. so if someone could just give me a push in the right direction that would be great. i probably wont actually try brewing untill i understand it enough. i'm not gonna jump the gun but i need some basic info. can anybody help? thanks in advace, Myco Mike

As a newbie myself, I can suggest 2 awesome resources...
John Palmer How to Brew www.howtobrew.com
Charlie Papazian: The Complete Joy of Homebrewing

Both are easy to read. My take on both is thus: Palmer will give you a great understanding of the science of brewing and Papazian will give you a great understanding of the art.

Good luck, and welcome to your new obsession!

thanks you dribble4all. i will look those books up. any vetrans to the site that may be able to give me some good spots on HomeBrewTalk to go? i love the site layout but its a little overwhelming. maybe something in laymans terms. something for a noob like myself

Back