Ain't No Sunshine When Saison - Odd Side Ales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Firstly, I have not tried this beer. I picked up a bottle 2 days ago on a whim and because the label has a picture of a crying sun and of course who can resist the fact that they used Bill Wither's famous and most excellent song as naming inspiration?

As an added bonus, right under that picture it reads:

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know... (You get the picture...)

From what the guy at the counter tells me, it's a fairly standard Saison, which is fine by me. That's very different from Odd Side's Standard Operating Procedure, which is to produce some fairly OUT-THERE beers, using chili's and whatnot.

They have always provided solid, if unusual beers in the past, so what they heck.

Tasting notes to follow.

Saison. Nothing unusual. Belgian funk, medium hop bitterness, estery with banana overtones and kind of fruity. Refreshing without being too tart.

And when you drink it you get that song stuck in your head! :rockin:

I just picked one up at my local bottle shop while on lunch and I'm planning on drinking it while grilling tonight.

... and I also have the song stuck in my head :mug:

Back