CPVC Manifold. Should it face up or down?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat x nub

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For my mash tun i use a cpvc manifold and a cooler. On all of my previous AG batches i had it facing up and it is working fine. I have herd some people say that it is better to have the slits facing down in the cooler instread of up. Does anybody know which one is more efficient? If it faces down will it suck up the same amount of wort as it was facing up? Thanks yall

Mine has always faced down and much of what I've read says face down. It will collect the same amount of wart.

mine faces down and leaves almost nothing. I am still new to AG so not much to compare it to. Will know more tomorrow:rockin:
Jack

Small bits of grain get impacted in the slits if they face up (plugging it up). That's the problem.

I have always had mine facing down. As previously stated I think you will get less husks stuck in your manifold.

Down will also get a little more wort, just because the slits are lower in the tun.

Down seems to make much more sense... but mine are up, and it has worked fined to date.

Back