Big Pink Box in my office

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
I took a (free) 4.5cf fridge, removed the door, and cut 2" foam board to make a box big enough for two 6 gallon Better Bottles, with a little extra space. The pieces are just standing there, a BIG PINK BOX in my home office, with a mini fridge on one end.

The pieces are just standing there assembled, with nothing holding them together but friction. To just get an idea how cold it could get, I plugged in the fridge and put a glass of water with a floating thermometer in the far end. The next morning, it read 48*F.

I guess I will be able to use this rig for lager fermenting. Once I get it glued together and properly connected to the fridge, it should work, nice and cold.

:rockin:

Usually when you find a big pink box in your office, it's the secretary looking for her raise. :)

Nice!

Let's see some pics!!!

This:

IMAG0042-1.jpg

is replacing this:

IMAG0043-1.jpg

Looks a lot nicer. Hopefully it will work out well.
Are you planning on throwing on a temperature control unit?

Looks like a great fermentation chamber!

+1 to the temp controller, they work wonders.

I'd also add a fan to circulate, maintaining temps and preventing warm spots. I use a fan from dead computer and a 9v wall adapter. Keeps the air moving nicely and piggy backs to the temp controller so it comes on whenever the fridge does.

Looks like a great fermentation chamber!

+1 to the temp controller, they work wonders.

I'd also add a fan to circulate, maintaining temps and preventing warm spots. I use a fan from dead computer and a 9v wall adapter. Keeps the air moving nicely and piggy backs to the temp controller so it comes on whenever the fridge does.

Yeah, I'm going to play with it and see if it needs a fan. I have some of those muffin fans, so it won't be an issue. Gonna use the shelf for hops and yeast, maybe.

Well, the "pink doghouse", as SWMBO was calling it when I was working on it in the garage, is complete.

With the JC thermostat installed, it is currently holding a nice 62*F, ready for an 8 gallon batch of Pilsner Ale being brewed Friday.

:rockin:

Back