gravity still dropping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelob

Reaction score
my og reading was 1.080 been fermenting for two weeks now im at 1.020 This is onl my 2nd brew my 1st was finished fermenting in 10 days How close am i for a seconday? this is a recipe kit from midwest honey amber ale. I think the honey is making it take longer. do my readings seem normal? Is my alcohol % high?

Different brews will take different amounts of time to complete fermentation. Best thing to do is to make sure your hydrometer readings are steady for a few consecutive days before you do anything.

Remember: RDWHAHB!

It's at 75% attenuation, so it's getting close, but probably isn't done. Unless you make large yeast starters, a 1.080 beer takes a long time to finish.

Plus honey normally takes a while to ferment out. Your fine, also there really isn't a need to go to secondary unless you are going to be adding something to it. Otherwise let it sit

Back