Hop T-Shirt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, it was a pain in the ass but it was worth it. I had to make two separate stencils in order to be able to to the outline. I painted up a piece of cardboard quickly just to see how it was coming along. The real thing will come out much cleaner because I will take my time.

final_hop.jpg

The stencil looks awesome, I'm just confused by your color choices for far. That last one looks like orange glitter paint on a navy t-shirt???

I think it would look awesome if you did a light green hop on a dark green shirt. Or vice versa. Just my .02

"hop to it muthaf**ker"

maybe a little too vulgar, but something to consider. ;)

cool idea and it looks nice.

The stencil looks awesome, I'm just confused by your color choices for far. That last one looks like orange glitter paint on a navy t-shirt???

I think it would look awesome if you did a light green hop on a dark green shirt. Or vice versa. Just my .02

Its a horrible picture thanks to my iPhone. It is actually a dark green shirt with a light brown paint.

I have another dark green shirt and green paint that I was going to try tonight. I will post a picture if I get around to it.

Odell's brewery in Ft. Collins has a shirt like this. Their caption simply reads: "Brewed with whole flower hops". My wife bought the shirt... probably the sexiest thing I've seen her in ;)

"Blood may contain high IBUs"

I want to suggest something like, "My blood can be measured in IBUs" but it is a bit long.

Jared311,

I had this interesting thought recently about your t-shirts. How about developing a dye system from specialty grains!! I am guessing the cotton would be stained by the grain colors. My muslin bag was stained rather well. Then you would have a hop shirt stained to different *L colors. Stout shirts to blondes. Just a thought that I couldn't repress.

Jared311,

I had this interesting thought recently about your t-shirts. How about developing a dye system from specialty grains!! I am guessing the cotton would be stained by the grain colors. My muslin bag was stained rather well. Then you would have a hop shirt stained to different *L colors. Stout shirts to blondes. Just a thought that I couldn't repress.

That's a great idea but I wonder how you could contain the wet dye to the specific area of the stencil without "bleeding". Seem like the design would come out cloudy...like a tie-dye maybe? Do you know how you could prevent it?

-Tripod

I was thinking he could have his design screen printed on the dyed t-shirt. Something I forgot to mention in my last post.

The next idea would be to make 200 or so and sell them online. Have several of the logos suggested in this thread and sell them here and/or on Ebay.

I was thinking he could have his design screen printed on the dyed t-shirt. Something I forgot to mention in my last post.

The next idea would be to make 200 or so and sell them online. Have several of the logos suggested in this thread and sell them here and/or on Ebay.

I get it...lovibond tie-dyes with a hop logo! Or even solid dyed shirts...That is a fantastic idea! May have to try that but don't worry...you get full credit for that if I do. :D

I get it...lovibond tie-dyes with a hop logo! Or even solid dyed shirts...That is a fantastic idea! May have to try that but don't worry...you get full credit for that if I do. :D

LOL! Thanks. I just wanted to get that thought out of my head, since I doubt I will ever use it. Have at it:)

Right, in my copious spare time (HA!)...;)

But my daughter is just getting to the age where she likes to create so we do things together like baking bread or things like that. I'm always trying to find things that will keep her interested and she can anticipate the outcome (and even wear it in this case...). Plus it teaches a recycling message which can never go wrong these days!

:mug:

-Tripod

Back