Zwickelmania - Portland, OR - Feb 13th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizzyPants

Reaction score
So SWMBO said let's go to Portland from Seattle for Presidents weekend. I said sure. I drive, and then get to drink (after we get there). I was looking for anything happening in town as far as concerts, basketball or theater and came across this! A city wide brewery celebration complete with free samples at most breweries.

Good call SWMBO! You rock, albeit you had no idea and probably aren't too thrilled about it.

Anyone done this before/any tips?

www.kval.com/news/business/81991872.html

~Diz

So SWMBO said let's go to Portland from Seattle for Presidents weekend. I said sure. I drive, and then get to drink (after we get there). I was looking for anything happening in town as far as concerts, basketball or theater and came across this! A city wide brewery celebration complete with free samples at most breweries.

Good call SWMBO! You rock, albeit you had no idea and probably aren't too thrilled about it.

Anyone done this before/any tips?

www.kval.com/news/business/81991872.html

~Diz

I did it last year and it was pretty sweet. I got a great tour at lucky lab and had good fun at Hair of the Dog too. It was hard to hit a lot of places before the time ran out, so you might want to pick a cluster that is nearby each other or only plan on going to a couple. I would definitely recommend it. Huge variety in the crowd ... people who were serious homebrewers to people who didn't know there was yeast in beer. It made for fun question/answer sessions.

I was not aware of that. Thanks for the heads up! I will likely go on the tour. Sounds like fun.

Looks like this year it is a lot more serious! Official website here: http://oregonbeer.org/zwickelmania/

Rogue has a tour bus, you should get in on that if you are feeling adventurous. It stops at 9 different spots. I would also recommend Widmer, as you will probably get to meet Kurt Widmer and he is a great guy. They also have free apps and such, and their brewery is quite impressive and different than all the others, being a giant commercial operation. It would be fun to hit that and then a tiny one man show like hair of the dog.

Back