Converting low pressure jet burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redde2brew

Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone,

Christmas came early this year for me. I received and used brew tree from a retired brewer. It's a nice 3 tier professionally welded and plumbed with a drum drain chilling system. It has 2 burners with 21 jet tips, I was told that the burners were 140K BTU. The downside is that the burners are natural gas, and I will be using propane. I was wondering if anyone knows if the orfice can be changed and what size I would need to convert to bottled propane. I'm guessing I would need a low pressure adjustable regulator also.

Happy Holidays everyone,

Christmas came early this year for me. I received and used brew tree from a retired brewer. It's a nice 3 tier professionally welded and plumbed with a drum drain chilling system. It has 2 burners with 21 jet tips, I was told that the burners were 140K BTU. The downside is that the burners are natural gas, and I will be using propane. I was wondering if anyone knows if the orfice can be changed and what size I would need to convert to bottled propane. I'm guessing I would need a low pressure adjustable regulator also.

I would send a PM to Kladue. He IS the expert.

Back