Seen Yooper Avatar on the News tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I left the legal arguments out of it because they are not really appropriate for this forum conversation. I was more speaking from a moral argument, as in "how can the operator of the business/site ensure that the royalties are paid to the proper person." And what happens if two people submit the same recipe? Is the operator going to investigate who is the "creator" of the recipe? And in Yooper's case, she said "I don't want to participate" so wouldn't it be morally wrong to use her information? Is he going to sell her recipe at a discount because there is no cost of royalty?

I think these types of questions are likely the reason that his kick starter campaign didn't make it, just too many questions. Though from what I read he said that if a recipe's origins were in question the recipe could be flagged. But as people have pointed out, no recipe is an original, we all got them or the ideas from somewhere. So most of us just take a proven recipe and make small tweaks anyways.

But I think we don't have to worry about this idea panning out into a business. I feel like kits mostly only appeal to newer brewers, and it's unlikely they'll know who the hell these supposedly famous hbt-ers are to even want to try their kit.

"Supposedly famous" is part of what makes me laugh.

Is he even planning to sell that recipe, or just used the pic to show that he's talking about known recipes from places like this forum?

I think it's a dumb idea anyway.

Legal or not, it's fracking wrong. The ****** knows it. It's capitalism at it's best, but he deserves a solid slap from Yooper,

Legal or not, it's fracking wrong. The ****** knows it. It's capitalism at it's best, but he deserves a solid slap from Yooper,

while we can definitely portray ourselves entirely differently online than we are actually in real life, it seems that Yooper wouldn't do such a thing from my interaction with her on here.

Although, I would love to see it. So Yooper, if you decide to slap the **** out of him, can you make sure someone records it?

giphy.gif

Again I was just excited to see Yooper avatar on the news which my wife (who don't read HBT) and myself recognized. I did't really care about the underlying story that the news was reporting on. :D:D. Not that I don't have sympathy to what Yooper is saying. It was exciting to see something that I love (homebrewing) and the avatar of someone that I have come to identify with (Yooper) and have much respect for on my local news. Not once did I think that Yooper was involved with Kit Start. Again I apologize Yooper for rubbing salt in open wounds. As stated he should have respected your wishes, but then again you is the lady of HBT.

Back