how do I add sparge water and top up water to beersmith?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
I am not sure this is the right place to ask this, but I'll give it a go...

I'd like beersmith to calculate and account for 2 things....sparge water and top up water into the fermenter.

These are 2 things that will greatly affect my gravity readings.

I am trying to brew a mini-batch and have limited space....so, I need to make sure these things are properly set in brewsmith.

The idea is to mash 12 liters of water and 3 kgs of grains in a 15 liter pot. Once the 60-min mash is over, I wanna steep the grains in a colander and run water through it to increase the boil volume to more or less 12 liters. I know this will affect my efficiency, but I think I'll do just fine.

Now this gravity needs to be relatively high because later on I wanna top up with about 6 liters of cold water to get to my final batch size of 15 liters.

Any ideas how to input these 2 liter sparge water and the 6 liter top up water in beersmith so that it would calculate what gravity readings I should have?

cheers

Select a single infusion profile and customize it for your process and equipment. Center it around the values you have listed above. You will need to know your boil off rate and grain absorption to get the water volumes to come in to where they simulate your process. If you are not sure of these numbers, enter in what you know and do your first brew, measuring all your volumes and specific gravity through the process. Use these to update your equipment and mash profiles as well as your grain absorption in the options settings.

The more accurate you can be in your figures and measurements, the better the program will simulate your actual results.

Latest posts

Back