smaller batch recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPD

Reaction score
is there a database or a list of good 1 1/4 or 2 1/2 G recipes?

I'd like to try several styles that I do not know if I would like and would like to experiment a little. 2 cases would be too much but a half case or a case would be appropriate. I know I can use Beersmith to resize batches and will probable do this but was wondering if there are recipes from those who already do small batches anywhere out there.

Thanks in advance for any help,recipes,replies

I have posted a bunch of mine towards the end of the mr beer sticky, because I did small piece on using the mr beer as a 2,5 gallon test fermenter for stovetop all grain...but really all you need to do is scale a recpe in beersmith...

Most of mine were..

Also if you search for "small batch brewing" and "2.5 gallon batches" using advance search and search in post..you will find stuff...I have posted a lot of it..

Have fun

:mug:

Revvy,
Thank you for the quick reply! Am looking thru the Mr Beer thread now and did do a search on 2.5 G batches but the list returned seemed daunting will refine it in advanced thanks.
Ben

i do small batches but only at a gallon when i want to try them. Normally i do all grain with a batch sparge system but then im experimenting i do a brew-in-a-bag type setup and drop my efficiency calc to around 50ish. It gives me a rough idea for how a recipe will turn out. Obviously the full batch with actual sparging comes out better

What styles do you specifically seek? I've got a library of 2.5 - 3 gallon recipes. Maybe I've got something you'll like.

Bob

My favorite mass produced beers for everyday drinking are Yuengling lager and Bass ale., which I will continue to brew 5 batches of these styles. I also like Hefeweizens and Belgian Wit Beers. Sam Adams Summer ale and believe it or not cervezas in the summer. Since starting to brew last May my tastes are changing and I have tried and like a few ESB's, Belhaven Scottish ale, some of the more grapefuity pale ales, Chocolate Bock, a couple of Octoberfests that I like and the more malty dark beers and eventually want to try a belgian strong ale as a small batch.

Do what I do, look through the recipe database and cut any 5 gallon recipe in half to make a 2.5 gal. Works great!

Back