The ultimate BMC pyramid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming that there are 32 cans at the bottom, there are 512 cans in the complete triangle. If this was in Michigan, it would be worth $51.2 in redemption value. If only it wasn't glued together.

I like the line: "...we are planning on maybe building a bigger one."

Kai

Utah doesn't have a bottle return, so that'd only be worth the weight of the aluminum. I counted 256 cans in the stack, and an empty can weighs approximately 0.5 oz, then that contraption weighs 8 lbs. At a WAG of 79¢ a lb for AL, that .... thing... is worth $6.32.

I'd give em $5 for it and have fun crushing it into a little ball.

ohiobrewtus said:
Those boys need slapped. Aren't there any decent brewpubs in Utah?

They are few and far between. Plus any good beer has to be purchased from the state run liquor stores at inflated prices.

What do you expect from a state that just passed a law removing wine coolers from grocery stores?

Not a bad idea if you think about it. Instead of throwing away your trash you sell it. Makes me start to wonder. mmm...

I remember doing that once in college after a bunch of us drank several $9 30 packs of High Life. We set it up just to have someone crash through it though!:rockin:

Nothing says class like a bunch of empty beer cans liquid nailed together in a nice geometric pattern.

"I got an idea, lets build ourselves a chick magnet..."

You would have thought that they would have glued them into something useful, like a chair or a table or something. BTW, 256 Utah beers = 30 'real' beers, alcohol content-wise :D

Bytor1100, you're joking right? They passed a law removing WINE COOLERS from the grocery store? Wine coolers. Soooo glad I don't live there anymore. Ahh I remember the days when an older friend would buy us all fuzzy navels and we'd drive up behind the capitol building to drink them.

Brewpastor said:
Nothing says class like a bunch of empty beer cans liquid nailed together in a nice geometric pattern.

"I got an idea, lets build ourselves a chick magnet..."

Do you have the diagrams for a chick magnet, if you do I would really like to build one. I spent 9.95 on the plans for a ***** magnet, and I am pretty sure I built it correctly, but the thing doesn't seem to work. If anyone has experience building a chick magnet, let me know.

Bytor1100, you're joking right? They passed a law removing WINE COOLERS from the grocery store? Wine coolers. Soooo glad I don't live there anymore. Ahh I remember the days when an older friend would buy us all fuzzy navels and we'd drive up behind the capitol building to drink them.

Yeah, as far as I know they just barely passed that law. Their reasoning is that it appeals to much to little kids :drunk:
I got into homebrewing when I moved back here because of the poor beer and expensive good beer. (But don't tell anyone);)

If they are planning to build a bigger one, why didn't they just use that piece of junk and add on?? Obvioulsy Rocket Surgeons in the making.

Kaiser said:
Assuming that there are 32 cans at the bottom, there are 512 cans in the complete triangle. If this was in Michigan, it would be worth $51.2 in redemption value. If only it wasn't glued together.
Actually there's only half that many. The triangle is only half as tall (in # of cans) as it is wide, because each level differs by 2 cans, not just 1. So even in Michigan, depending on how much they spent on liquid nails, and whether or not their time (and the act of drinking horse piss) is worth anything to them, these morons could potentially be turning a small profit... If anyone's stupid enough to buy it, that is.

Funkenjaeger said:
Actually there's only half that many. The triangle is only half as tall (in # of cans) as it is wide, because each level differs by 2 cans, not just 1. So even in Michigan, depending on how much they spent on liquid nails, and whether or not their time (and the act of drinking horse piss) is worth anything to them, these morons could potentially be turning a small profit... If anyone's stupid enough to buy it, that is.

You are correct. I assumed that they were stacked over the gaps in the previous row. But they arent. I was already wondering why EvilTOJ came up with 256.

Kai

I wonder how much this would be worth in Utah

beeramid.jpg

About $38...

>>> (((sum(map(lambda x: x*x, range(2,21,2)))+1) * .5)/ 16 )*.79

cronxitawney said:

beeramid.jpg

Now thats impressive... I mean, that someone was able to choke down THAT MUCH natty light....
eck03.gif

deathweed said:
Now thats impressive... I mean, that someone was able to choke down THAT MUCH natty light....
eck03.gif

Don't assume it is all natty light, that could just be a shiny outer layer, to that point how do we even know it is solid. One shouldn't make these assumptions.

It's not all Natty Light. I can see at least 1 Bud can. I think those ones with blue tops are Busch Light and the gold ones can be High Life.

This pyramid is not worth as much due to the fact that it is not made entirely of the same beer cans.....plus its natty light and not Ice. Now if it were Red Dog.....

adx said:
It's not all Natty Light. I can see at least 1 Bud can. I think those ones with blue tops are Busch Light and the gold ones can be High Life.

That might be a good morning puzzle or one to do while drunk. :cross:

cronxitawney said:

beeramid.jpg

I did this once in college. I wish I could find the picture. It was a 10 x 10 base. We got near the top where it was 3 x 3, and we were just so drunk, that someone slammed a can on the top and the whole thing started falling down. Stupid us, we had the thing on a table near the stairs (I lived upstairs), and they all just started falling down the steps. The guy who lived down stairs was pissed with like 5 min of falling cans at 2am.

Back