Grilled greens?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnFrum1978

Reaction score
My wife and I experimented tonight by throwing some small heads of chinese cabbage on the grill. We basically just brushed it with olive oil and threw them over high heat for three minutes per side. It has potential but needs tweeking.

I've seen similar things done with romaine lettuce and baby bok choi. Has anyone here had more success than I did?

I've done it with Romaine several times. I usually drizzle it with homemade Caesar dressing afterwards.

Did you grill&serve, or did you add anything after grilling?

Yeah, I just grilled and served. Some kind of dressing would have made a lot of difference. I'm picturing something a little salty and asian. I'll keep trying.

I could see something like an orange vinegarette with a little fish sauce and just a bit of sesame oil being really nice on that.

Romaine drizzled with olive oil with fresh ground pepper and a little kosher salt. You COULD serve it with other veggies for grilled salads, but I just devour the romaine as is. Sooooooo delicious

I love grilled romaine. I cut them in half, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper. Grill cut side down then sprinkle on some cheese. I've been meaning to try the Chinese cabbage and Bok Choi though.

Grilled Endive is one of my go-to veggies.
The key is a hot fire and fresh produce.

Not sure if you ever do the sous-vide thing... but if you do, try it with a piece of Watermelon. Grill that and you'll have a real treat.

Back