keg burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reggofcal

Reaction score
Has anyone got on youtube and seen the gas burner made out of a keg?I am just begining and I need a burner.The one at the store is $109.00 but the diy keg burner/looks more like a big propane torch is about the same price for parts but I sont know how hot it gets.Has anyone tried this?Also if I cut the top of my keg off can I use it as a boiling pot for the mash?

I'd suggest the burner from a turkey fryer with a high pressure regulator. I think mine is rated at 175,000btu. Boils quick and is good on propane.

cutting the top off of your keg is a fun little project to build a "keggle". Check out some of the other modifications that people on here did to theirs. If I would make a suggestion though put a drain valve with a dip tube in the bottom. It makes likes a lot easier when you want to drain out 5 or 10 gallons of wort or if you want to hook it up to a counter flow chiller after you get even more addicted to the hobby.

Back