Cafepress pulled my youtube graphic in 5 seconds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I was designing a Tshirt for my own use at the NHC to show my brewing affiliations. Of course HBT is on there along with my local club and brewery logo. The one other affiliation I wanted to pimp was my youtube channel. I kinda understand the trademark infringement issue, but really, wouldn't online companies want free advertising? By the time I'd be able to get clearance from youtube, if ever, the NHC will be long over.

nhcshirt.jpg

You can probably take your design to a local press shop and have it done. I have had the same problem and always had to take it to a local guy.

You can probably take your design to a local press shop and have it done. I have had the same problem and always had to take it to a local guy.

Still doesn't change the fact that you are violating copyright/trademark laws. I def understand Cafepress why they don't want to deal with it. Can't really blame them for it.

You're not giving them free press...you're using their corporate logo to promote yourself!

[/jackass lawyer]

Srsly, it doesn't surprise me a bit that cafepress doesn't want to deal with copyright or trademark BS.

And I'm quite sure that youtube doesn't need your free advertising...if you're at the NHC, I'm quite sure you know about youtube. :D

You're not giving them free press...you're using their corporate logo to promote yourself!

[/jackass lawyer]

Srsly, it doesn't surprise me a bit that cafepress doesn't want to deal with copyright or trademark BS.

And I'm quite sure that youtube doesn't need your free advertising...if you're at the NHC, I'm quite sure you know about youtube. :D

It's not like I'm a youtube earner. My channel is ad free. I get the trademark thing. My wife was an art buyer in advertising. This situation is grey area at best. It's not like I'm making a dime off of the use and it's not compromising their image. Then again, if you're a smart ass, I'm sure there are plenty of jokes to be made there.

I do like the sight glasses you have for sale, You make some high quality stuff. when it's not so hot and I am brewing more, I am going to upgrade my stuff.

Whether or not you make any money is besides the point. You can make a shirt for your own personal use, but cafepress has no idea what you do with it when you get it. That is why they do not print copyrighted material, period.

I would try a local person if possible. It will be fast and probably not cost too much more.

Funny, this is the only sort of thing I *ever* hear about cafepress. I honestly wouldn't even know who they were if it weren't for their copyright rules.

Copyright laws are VERY unkind to those who infringe upon them. Without showing any financial lose both parties involved (cafepress and YOU) can be fined up to $50,000 each.
Crazy...yes, but I understand their reluctance due to the potential lose.

That's pretty busy shirt... typically, the long logo along the shoulder looks better. I would do that and make it the back of the shirt.

I know it's busy and pretty ugly at that. It's basically going to be worn for one day at the NHC this year and then relegated to a painting tshirt around the house. Unfortunately that $13 price is for front printing only.

Back