Orlando CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris_Dog said:
I found a place in Orlando that seems to have cheap CO2 and tanks, Florida Carbonic http://www.flcarbonic.com/ . $79.99 for an aluminum #5 CO2 full. I can't remember exactly how much to refill $10-12.00. When I go back for a refill I will probably get another.
Should have bought a ten pounder...they fill it for 2 more bucks then the five

I get mine at Florida Carbonic too. I use a 20# tank and have a 5# tank for backup. They have the different sized tanks lined up at the end of the counter inside. I keep my tank outside the keezer so it's not an issue. They only charge a tiny bit more for a 20# refill than they do a 5# refill (IIRC 20# refill is like $14-ish).

The hardest part for me is getting there M-F before 5:00 PM.

I used to get mine at a local welding supply. UNTIL I weighed the 5 and found it only had 3 lbs in it. I told them about it and when I got my 20 refilled, we weighed it on their scale and it only had 17 lbs in it. Next refill is supposed to be half price, so I will wait until my 20 is empty. In the mean time I am going to a place that will do a fill as I wait. Maybe I can watch them do it and be sure I am getting my money's worth.

My twin brother works at a place called Airgas Retail Solution they are a twin company for Airgas but have WAY lower pricing. 20lb refill is $16-20$ i believe and 50lbs is $28-$30(depending on region). His email address is [email protected] mention that you heard it from marvin and he wil hook you guys up :) His number is 727-576-0033 ext-11377 and they have branches accross the country. Cheers!

This needs a bump since Carbonic was bought by Airgas and charges $24 for a 20lb. Anyone see other options in Orlando?

Back