need more taps, what would you do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poislb

Reaction score
Okay, here's the deal. I have a haier (actual kegerator with tower that I bought a few years back with a ss door. Its not in the greatest shape and have grown onto having more than one beer on tap at a time. It already has a single tap tower and would like to add 2-3 more taps.

Option 1- drill holes in the door to accommodate more taps, won't have to worry about foamy beer this way and probably is the least expensive option.

Option 2- get a double/triple tap tower and make a fan to cool it and then its still not guaranteed to be less foamy, I can make a tower out of pvc but its not the most attractive method.

Thanks in advance for any advice ya can give. Cheeers

So I decided to drill through the door, I can get 3 kegs in there o I wanted 3 taps and with making a tower or even buying one I would have to build a fan to keep the tower cool. Drilling was the most cost effective option and looks better in my opinion. Will post pics once the project is complete.

Phase 1 is complete, now to install some shanks and buy some more perlicks...Drilled the holes 3 1/2" on center

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Latest posts

Back