SoCal bulk grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazybean

Reaction score
Finaly getting my roller this month, so im looking for the best place to buy my bulk grain.

So far the 2 best deals i found are More Beer and Home Brew Mart. More Beer has a better price by $4, but i would have to drive up to Riverside to get it. I was just in HBM and the manager said they have a deal for 2 row were if you buy the grain in advance (by the 55lb sack) they will let you just come in and get it as you need it.

So far the HBM sounds like the best deal, especially since its down the street from me. Was curious were you guys are getting you bulk grain? I have the room to store 4 55lb sacks, in an air tight barrel in my garage, if there is a better deal for purchases that big.

Thanks guys.

I am in Orange County and I get my bulk grain from More Beer...both stores are pretty much the same distance. I get all of my specialty grain from HBM. More Beer has 15 and 30 Caramel Malts where HBM has 10, 20, 40 etc. I go to MB about once a month and stock up on everything, they definitely have a better selection of equipment than HBM.

You may want to check out northernbrewer.com, I believe they have a flat $7.99 shipping rate.

Cheers.

I've been getting my 50lb sacks of 2-row from brewmasterswarehouse.com as the shipping is only 6.99 (and excellent service). I'm also in San Diego, but I never even thought about asking Home Brew Mart about buying bulk.

I buy 55lb sacks at home brew mart. At .65 per pound, its cheap enough for me. Plus they give an AHA discount and have been having random 10% everything days. I usually buy all my grain there (if they carry what I'm looking for), but their equipment and hop prices are way too high IMO. I would say, just buy the bulk grain there instead of driving to riverside, you'll spend more than the $4 difference in gas anyway.

Latest posts

Back