added cacao nibs to primary after chocolate stout sat 3 weeks...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbird1977

Reaction score
In the nb instructions it noted to do that when going to secondary but on darker brews I tend to stick with primary. Any cause for concern? Should I still rack to secondary?

I don't think it's going to be a big deal, but I usually rack to secondary whenever I add something to the fermenter, especially if it will sink to the bottom and get mixed with the trub.

Hey Madbird did you ever end up adding nibs to the primary? I am going to do the NB Milk Stout and I only have a primary. If so, how'd it turn out? Should I add the nibs via a mesh bag to keep it off yeast cake?

can I do primary in racking bucket (with spigot) then move to 5 gallon glass carboy for secondary?

Thoughts?

You can try closing you primary onto your dry hopping bag. Much easier to take out after and also if you are worried they sink in the trub.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yep I added the nibs, also some brown sugar and some vanilla expresso. Turned into a crazy stout. Chocolate, coffee, and wonderful.

Back