GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The british sherlock is awesome wish it would be back on netflix with the new episodes (here that netflix)

I started watching episodes of several different shows, rather than watching one start to finish.

Currently watching:

DEXTER - Awesome
The KILLING - Bleak and humorless but really good.
Sons of Anarchy - Soap opera on motorcycles......good but not great (season 5)
Hell on Wheels - Awesome

Barely able to NOT watch Battlestar Galactica.....

I'm currently watching:

BSG - second time watching the series (picking up a lot great things I missed)
House of Cards - excellent
Loius - Dude is a genius

Just watched:

Pet Sematary - Holy Shvt that movie is effed up! I can't believe my terrible parents let me watch that when I was a kid.
Gaffigan Mr. Universe - He's damn funny

I'm currently watching:

BSG - second time watching the series (picking up a lot great things I missed)
House of Cards - excellent
Loius - Dude is a genius

Just watched:

Pet Sematary - Holy Shvt that movie is effed up! I can't believe my terrible parents let me watch that when I was a kid.
Gaffigan Mr. Universe - He's damn funny

We have similar tastes!!! Must check out Loius....wait, is that "louis"?

Dexter is great. I think Netflix and Showtime are gonna squeeze HBO out. If "Trueblood" is the best HBO can do, they are doomed.

OK,

Olympus Has Fallen.

I'll give it 3 stars.

The single greatest thing I learned here is: http://instantwatcher.com/

You guys are the best! ;)

Fair enough! Glad you found that.

I like netflix for all of the obscure stuff that I would never plunk down $3 to rent, but it is included so what the heck?

Things like: The Shrine, LO (no longer streaming), poultrygeist, Battlestar Galactica, Dexter, House of Cards, REC, The Thing, etc., etc.

I watched "Flight" with Denzel Washington last night. Very good, not what I expected.

I love "Hell on Wheels" as well.

"Beer Wars" is an excellent documentary about the craft beer industry, focusing heavily on Dogfish Head. Also, check out "Brew Masters." It shows Dogfish Head operations and even includes their Portamarillo collaboration ale with Epic Brewing out of New Zealand.

Haven't read all the pages in this thread so if these have already been mentioned sorry about that.

This is my list of some of the best Asian films Netflix has:

Red Cliff
The Good, The Bad, The Weird
The Ong Bak Trilogy
The Bodyguard (not the Kevin Costner movie, but stars the director of the Ong Bak Trilogy)
Let The Bullets Fly
Ip Man
13 Assassins
Tai Chi Zero & Tai Chi Hero
Exiled
Shaolin

I also want to say if you haven't seen Devil you should that is a great movie.

Fair enough! Glad you found that.

I like netflix for all of the obscure stuff that I would never plunk down $3 to rent, but it is included so what the heck?

Things like: The Shrine, LO (no longer streaming), poultrygeist, Battlestar Galactica, Dexter, House of Cards, REC, The Thing, etc., etc.

Damn you cheezy. I was not prepared for a Troma movie. Poultrygeist was funny though. It just became more and more of whatever the heck it is.

Meloncholia........hmmmm........in order to avoid a deluge of "I wish I had those 2 hours back" from the peanut gallery, for the record:

DON'T WATCH IT.

That said......I guess I am glad I did.

Kirsten Dunst shows us what make-up can do as she goes from breathtaking to broken down and plain, and then back again, all the while giving a flawless but painful to watch performance.

Glorious slow motion shots in the beginning leave you puzzled, wondering if they have any significance,.......and then the movie takes 2 hours to get to actually get to the point.

You will enjoy seeing the phoo phoo wedding coordinator's work get crapped on by the most meloncholy and inconsiderate and generally effed in the head young lady to ever don a wedding dress (not quite as fun as it sounds) but then you watch the bizarre super rich plagued my melancholia wind out their last few days in strange, but not quite interesting fashion.

Meloncholia........hmmmm........in order to avoid a deluge of "I wish I had those 2 hours back" from the peanut gallery, for the record:

DON'T WATCH IT.

That said......I guess I am glad I did.

Kirsten Dunst shows us what make-up can do as she goes from breathtaking to broken down and plain, and then back again, all the while giving a flawless but painful to watch performance.

Glorious slow motion shots in the beginning leave you puzzled, wondering if they have any significance,.......and then the movie takes 2 hours to get to actually get to the point.

You will enjoy seeing the phoo phoo wedding coordinator's work get crapped on by the most meloncholy and inconsiderate and generally effed in the head young lady to ever don a wedding dress (not quite as fun as it sounds) but then you watch the bizarre super rich plagued my melancholia wind out their last few days in strange, but not quite interesting fashion.

dang... This review actually makes me really intrigued... BUT, I could fit in almost 3 episodes of BSG (watching it for the first time) in that amount of time...

dang... This review actually makes me really intrigued... BUT, I could fit in almost 3 episodes of BSG (watching it for the first time) in that amount of time...

Lol. Start watching BSG, and when you get bored (10 episodes or so), then watch Melancholia until you get bored (maybe 10 minutes or so), then go back to BSG, rinse and repeat.

You should finish all 5 seasons of BSG and still have 1 hour and 17 minutes left of Melancholia.

;)

I just started watching House of Cards, it's one of the Netflix original series. Very good series. I'm actually wondering if the directors or producers from K-PAX worked on it, since the dry acting style from Kevin Spacey and narrative seem similar. Check it out!

I just started watching House of Cards, it's one of the Netflix original series. Very good series. I'm actually wondering if the directors or producers from K-PAX worked on it, since the dry acting style from Kevin Spacey and narrative seem similar. Check it out!

I believe it is a redo of the old British series of the same name.

I cancelled Netflix for a couple of months. I'm trying to cut back how much time is spent on TV and I'm finding myself just browsing for an hour and never choosing anything.

I cancelled Netflix for a couple of months. I'm trying to cut back how much time is spent on TV and I'm finding myself just browsing for an hour and never choosing anything.

There is a mind boggling amount of stuff. you could always just watch what's in your que ;)

Probably, still a great movie and a good suggestion.

I got through Flight and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels today. Both worth a watch.

Back