Mission: PIPELINE!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendkyleanemail

Reaction score
I going to go back to my extract tots tomorrow and get a few more batches going. My pipeline took a serious hit this weekend and the two big AG beers I have going need some back up!

So here is my question, what recipes/recipe ideas do you all have for beers that fit these criteria:

5 gallon batch (5.25 to fermenter)
6# DME
Max 2 specialty/crystal grains steeped
Max 2 hop varieties
1 Pack Liquid Yeast (1056 only)
Ready to keg in 2 weeks
No wheat

Simple..

Steep 8 oz Crystal 40, Add 3lb DME, Hops of choice at 60, another 3 lb DME late in the boil. Hop additions at 15, 5, and flame out. Dry hop if you want.

I Like Cascade/ Amarillo, or Even all Centennial works. or....."

I have all kinds of grains and hops. I have aromatic, pale choc, choc, melanoidin, rye, caramunich, biscuit, honey malt, special B...all kinda of stuff.

Thinking one light and lightly hoppy beer and one with some dark grains...like a ESB type thing

Just did an english style red ale that would basically fit the bill, though you'd have to simplify it a bit. something like:
6lbs malt extract
steep 9oz 60l and 5oz 120l
then hops to ~35ibu's.
I used english malts, yeast and hops, but you could do whatever you please, something like .5oz Columbus FWH, 1oz cascade and .5oz columbus @ 5min
Ferment with yeast of your choice.

FWIW, a pipeline recommendation would be to alternately brew a quick fermenting beer and one that needs aging. That way you can build up a good supply of beers without even thinking about it.

But for the ingredients mentioned, I would recommend my Kentucky Common:

1.048 OG
~85% light LME
~10% Crystal 60
~5% Pale Chocolate

Then 1/2 Willamette, 1/2 Palisade at 45 and 15 minute additions to the amount of about 35 IBU.

That Kentucky Common sounds pretty tasty!

BM's beers have quite a good reputation, as well. May give those two a whirl.

That Kentucky Common sounds pretty tasty!

BM's beers have quite a good reputation, as well. May give those two a whirl.

You'll have to be careful, like an idiot, I couldn't even remember my own recipe which calls for ~20% corn grits in place of some of the 2-row, so you would need to do a partial-batch. But it is one of the best beers I have done. I have the recipe posted in the forums, so you can search that out, too.

Back