Keg carbing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyHog

Reaction score
Hi, I've got 3 kegs worth of beer/cider ready to rack into kegs but I can only gas one keg at a time and my co2 tank wont fit in the fridge. Can I hit the kegs with gas individually a couple times a day for a couple weeks at 12-15psi then disconnect the gas and put them back in the fridge until they are carbed?

I'd hit them with something like 30PSI. 12 to 15 will take forever using that approach. Also, after you apply the gas, disconnect and shake the keg, hit it with some more pressure then and you'll probably not have to revisit that keg for another day. Have you considered removing one of the kegs from the fridge to maybe free up enough space for your tank? Maybe let it age for a few weeks while you drink one of them. When it's time to dispense, you'll be dealing with pressure issues again unless you figure out how to keep the air on. Regardless, your way will work if you are patient enough.

Mark

Thanks Mark, the actual tank won't fit even if the fridge was empty. The fridge has got a gas hose going out to a tank of nitro so I guess I could swap it out for the straight co2 for now. Maybe I'll hit two kegs with 30psi and then set and forget one at 12 psi until I figure out exactly how to set up my kegging/conditioning better. Cheers!

Nevermind, the tank just fits. I assumed it wouldn't but I'm a moron! Just gonna give up one keg to squeeze the tank in. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back