30A spa panel: can't find one.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El_Cabrito

Reaction score
either i'm missing something or my interwebz skills are worse than i thought, but for the life of me i can't find a 30 amp spanel anywhere. i see posts of people finding them at homedepot etc., but none in my area carry them and they don't list it online. so if these things exist where can i get one?

and to be clear, what i am really looking for the run of the mill 30A GFCI "spa" subpanel.

thanks.

Is that 50 a typo? Because just about every electric spa I've seen takes 50 amps at 220 volts. I know that's the case for my little 4-person Jacuzzi.

You can feed a 50A spa panel from a 30A breaker. In that case, the 30A will trip with overcurrent and the 50A will provide the GFI protection.

thanks. and uhhhhh, feelin pretty stupid now. should have thought of that. for some reason i kept forgetting that there would be a 30A breaker upstream of the 50A one. and warning flags kept going up about using 30A wire downstream of the 50A spa panel.

Back