Season an Oster Smoker Roaster?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KindofBlues71

Reaction score
Thanks to a bunch of recommendations on this forum I bought the Smoker Roaster (OSR going forward) and received it yesterday. The instructions don't have any info on how to season it, so how did you guys season yours?

Seasoned mine with some chicken leg quarters.No sense in wasting good smoke .Thanks again Temptd.:ban:

I wound up seasoning mine with some pecan chips, then broke it in with some pork ribs and a boneless pork roast, smoked with a mix of apple wood and cherry wood. Turned out to be a great combination. My wife and I were impressed with how well the OSR worked.

No seasoning required - wash, dry, load up with smoker chips and something good to eat, go! :)

Glad those of you who purchased on my recommendation are enjoying yours. Need to drag mine out - haven't used it for a while. We ran the big Brinkman smoker a month or so back with 6 racks of baby back ribs and 5 pastrami-rubbed corned beeves and a butt-load of sausages.

The OSR is fantastic for smaller quantities. Just ran across a picture of some sausage/ground beef-stuffed zucchini I did in the summer. Dang good stuff. Love that great little appliance!

Back