Noobie wants to know........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

june82000

What are the least expensive online sources for mail order kits? Looking to brew red beer.

I already have all of the equipment needed to brew, just looking for the ingredients.

I live in California and want to avoid state tax, so neigboring states maybe?

Also who has the best shipping options out there?

Thanks

Dave

june82000 said:
What are the least expensive online sources for mail order kits? Looking to brew red beer.

I already have all of the equipment needed to brew, just looking for the ingredients.

I live in California and want to avoid state tax, so neigboring states maybe?

Also who has the best shipping options out there?

Thanks

Dave

I bought my Irish Red Ale from Midwest Supplies for $24 i believe. Austin Homebrew has a much larger selection at relatively the same prices. plus they offer free shipping for order over $60. a lot of people buy multiple kits and store the rest for later to save on shipping.

Hard to beat austinhomebrew or morebeer. They both have free shipping for $60 orders.

Hey guys, I found a couple of brewers best kits at the LHBS for $20 - Steam Style and Amber Cervesa. Are they worth buying? I figure I could at least gut them out for "parts". Lemme know what you think,

WOT

WhatsOnTap said:
Hey guys, I found a couple of brewers best kits at the LHBS for $20 - Steam Style and Amber Cervesa. Are they worth buying? I figure I could at least gut them out for "parts". Lemme know what you think,

WOT

$20 bucks is a pretty good price. personally, i would make the steam style, and gut the cervesa. but the choice is yours.

Back