The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not arguing. dude just didn't know what the term meant. don't think he was arguing either

Nah, I know. It's just the "why can't we just use term x" argument I get tired of. Language evolves, that's just the way it is.

Yeah, wasn't arguing. Just don't adapt well to change is all. Carry on, carry on.

lol nerdlinger.

You think Beth goes down? I thought this series would end with Beth and Carl being the hope for the future human race.

I'm still finding it weird how many of the actors are British. Rick, Maggie, Gov, who else?

I never noticed, did they say it would air this weekend? I just wondered if it would air on Easter or not...I'm not sure if any shows break for the holiday, and I'm sure a lot of people might justify watching it by bringing up Zombie Jesus.

I have to admit, when this episode ended, I had lost track of time and was like "WTF??????" thinking it had to have 15 more minutes. That is the sign of a good show. Lost used to do that to me.....god damn it.

I have to admit, when this episode ended, I had lost track of time and was like "WTF??????" thinking it had to have 15 more minutes. That is the sign of a good show. Lost used to do that to me.....god damn it.

felt the same way.

plus a really good episode of Talking Dead, too. Greg Nicotero, co-EP and director of the episode was on, along with David Morrissey (Gov) and Michael Rooker (Merle)

and some talking afro

I never noticed, did they say it would air this weekend? I just wondered if it would air on Easter or not...I'm not sure if any shows break for the holiday, and I'm sure a lot of people might justify watching it by bringing up Zombie Jesus.

Yes, according to the teaser on Sunday, it WILL be on. I'll probably end up missing it.

Maggie? they would have to get some fresh totty in quick if that's the case. I need an incentive to watch

I actually think it will be Glenn. They have this cycle of the character coming to some sort of new existential understanding just before being killed, and we saw that in this episode with Glenn's conversation about the watch.

A rising from the dead zombie show on Easter Sunday? nah, that's WAY too easy. I'm not gonna touch that one!

Edit: OK, I can't help myself.......Will there be a special guest Easter Zombie for the finale? :D

Solid episode. Good character development all around. My only gripe is Rick flip-flopping on giving up Michonne. In the previous episode he figures the Gov will betray the deal but still thinks giving up Michonne is the right thing to do?!? All's well that ends well I suppose.

Who do you suppose is going down in the season finale?

My picks:
The Governor (obviously)
Nerdlinger (Milton)
Beth
Andrea
and half of Woodbury

No on Beth and Andrea. I think Sasha dies, but Tyrese and maybe Allen join the Prison group. I think that maybe someone from woodbury like Milton or Dr. Stevens joins the prison. I think that there's a good chance (unless they make it really like the comics) that Hershel dies (after all he gave his blessing already)

Could pull the big shocker and kill off Rick, but I see no way that happens, would be too massive of a shift and would change the identity of the show.

My real guess though, is that the Woodbury/Prison issue isn't settled. I think that it won't be settled until the beginning of Season 4 and everyone will be pissed. We'll be left with some kind of insane Cliff Hanger (still pissed about the Breaking Bad cliffhanger) and pissed until October comes.

I think Herschel will die next week! Now that he knows that his daughters are safe with Glenn taking care Maggie and Maggie taking care of Beth he is at peace. That last look he gave after Glenn asked him to marry Maggie seemed to be a goodbye look.

I think Herschel will die next week! Now that he knows that his daughters are safe with Glenn taking care Maggie and Maggie taking care of Beth he is at peace. That last look he gave after Glenn asked him to marry Maggie seemed to be a goodbye look.

Quite possibly. And when they (eventually) have to leave the prison, he's dead weight, so he's not going to last much longer either way.

Good call on Herschel. I figure Tyrese and Sasha will join the prison group too. I wonder if the Gov will be exposed to his people and they will turn on him at some point. Could be an interesting direction for picking up a few more people into the group.

I will be so pissed if they leave with a season cliff hanger! This wait for Breaking Bad has been tough. Reminds me of waiting for LOST to start up again. I like how they've ended the previous two seasons by leaving their location. I hope that trend continues because it is a fantastic literary technique IMHO.

A rising from the dead zombie show on Easter Sunday? nah, that's WAY too easy. I'm not gonna touch that one!

Edit: OK, I can't help myself.......Will there be a special guest Easter Zombie for the finale? :D

Oh I love it! Zombie in the bible. Wait, is this the debate forum? (maybe it should be) Never mind...

I'm still finding it weird how many of the actors are British. Rick, Maggie, Gov, who else?

Yeah, I have a similar feeling. I told the GF that if Merle comes out and starts talking with a British accent I'd swear there was a Commie Style infiltration afoot. Anyone know why there's such an abundance of British actors in the show?

I really hope the season finale isn't some BS cliffhanger. I do see them leaving the prison though. As ZombieBrew said, they have left their location at the end of each of the previous seasons. Most of all though, I'm anxious to see how Daryl handles his brother's death now. With his rage-stabbing of Merle's face, I'm thinking it might be a burden lifted from him, even if sad for him.

Spoiler!!!!!!!

Why do you think the Governor didn't finish the job? Did he want there to be an intact head?

I'm assuming you mean killing Merle. My guess is that he allowed him to turn into a walker because it is dishonorable. People have a code about not letting friends/family/group members turn into walkers. Allowing Merle to turn is just one more little payback from our dear Phillip.

Getting engaged is a great way to get yourself killed...

OR...

If you want to kill someone, get them to say "YES" and then immediately seal yourself in body armor in a bomb shelter and let NO ONE in.

Wait a few days and emerge to find the person dead!

Oh my god, the Governor was the Doctor?

pqfof.jpg

I'm years behind in Dr. Who, and just got to the last episode of season 4 of the David Tennant run, and there he is....

Predictions for the finale? Walker T-Dogg chewing on someone's face? Carl loses an eye? Herschel finally bites the dust? Michonne slices off the Governor's head?

bobbrews said:
Predictions for the finale? Walker T-Dogg chewing on someone's face? Carl loses an eye? Herschel finally bites the dust? Michonne slices off the Governor's head?

Yes.

The world will suddenly revert back to it's old self and several pointless plot lines will develop as Rick uses drugs and then follows his dead dad to a church where a cast party is going on...

OH WAIT! Lost already used that.

The world will suddenly revert back to it's old self and several pointless plot lines will develop as Rick uses drugs and then follows his dead dad to a church where a cast party is going on...

OH WAIT! Lost already used that.

Sounds like you didn't fully understand the ending. ;)

Which is cool... talking to people afterwards, it actually looks like a solid MAJORITY of people misunderstood it.

Which is cool... talking to people afterwards, it actually looks like a solid MAJORITY of people misunderstood it.

:off:OK, I am intrigued. As mjdonnelly68 insinuated, my feelings are such that LOST doesn't warrant it's own thread, so if you could indulge me slightly on your take, I will make my comments off the air.;)

emjay said:

But you understood it perfectly ;)

Back