Dark Lord Day 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That so? I've got two 08 bottles of The Abyss as well as Black Butte XX.... :)

How is the '08 Abyss? I've never had it...

I've got 8 DL's, selling/trading four to friends. It's going to be hard to leave the rest alone long enough to age. The '09 samples and '08 bottle I had last weekend were amazing. I can't believe DL lived up to the hype.

No, Mirror Mirror is a barleywine. Its part of their super limited edition series like Abyss and The Dissident.
Hop Henge is the Deschutes IIPA, Inversion is their Regular IPA and Mirror Pond is their pale ale. They say Mirror Mirror is a scaled up recipe of Mirror Pond but I'll bet there are significantly more differences than just barleywine-ing that recipe.
I'm itching for a bottle of Mirror Mirror myself

I stand corrected.

Abyss is pretty damn good! Haven't had it in over a year though :)

It's going to be hard to leave the rest alone long enough to age. The '09 samples and '08 bottle I had last weekend were amazing. I can't believe DL lived up to the hype.

I feel your pain. I promised one of mine to a co-worker. I tried the '08 and an '07 sample that were both superb. I couldn't help myself so I cracked one open and am sipping it as I type. If nothing else as a point of reference. It's down to the crawl space with the rest of it for at least 6 months. Out of sight out of mind as they say. Well I'm off to the hot tub with SWMBO. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back