Kegging Hefe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drayman86

Reaction score
If Hefe is kegged, does the majority of the yeast settle to the bottom and consequently provide more yeast with the first pour and less with the last?

:confused:

(Just reading about drinking bottled Hefe, i.e. making sure you get all the settled yeast from the bottle into your glass.)

Your first beers will be cloudy and subsequent beers will be clearer.

I've even use gyle to see if the yeast would stay in suspension longer, but it doesn't.

It was recommended to give the keg a swift kick or a small shake. I'll probably try that later today.:D

I'm about to keg my first beer (not my FIRST beer, my first KEGGED beer) , and it happens to be a Hefe...

Does anyone else want to chime in with some advice? I'm keg-conditioning with Gyle as well - first time trying that...

So many variables - I hope this all works out...

kvh

We just killed a keg of gyled HW yesterday.

I can't PROVE it keeps the yeast in suspension any longer than not using gyle as we killed 4 kegs in 5 days...yes, just 2 of us, well, there was an occasional visitor.:drunk: :drunk: :mug: ;)

Latest posts

Back