Flavour favourites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Appelpeer

Reaction score
Hee guys!

I am looking for some inspiration for a new brew and I was wondering if you guys have some favourite flavour combinations I should try!

Let me know;)

I've tried: cherry, raspberry, strawberry, plum, blueberry and grape. All were wonderful!

Cool I have tried the blueberry once I really liked it so I might try to make that for myself!

We've been using frozen concentrate juices. Cranberry is our favorite. Pineapple and apple is good also. I usually add 3-4 tablespoons of the concentrate to each bottle. A little more with the apple. I've also used a few slices of fresh ginger root.

All added when bottled during secondary fermentation.

Bourbon + Vanilla + Maple
Cranberry + Lime
Green Apple + Ginger
Jalapeno + Peach
Cinnamon + Plumb
Pumpkin(canned) + Apple Juice + Vanilla + Cloves + Nutmeg + Cinnamon
Vanilla + Date (tastes like Dr.pepper)
Cocoa Nibs + Raspberry
Lemongrass + Pineapple
Blueberry + Maple
Apple + Carrot + Ginger
Cinnamon + Dates
Grapefruit + Sage + Vanilla
Orange + Carrot + Turmeric + Vanilla
Mango + Cardamom
Pear + Ginger + Clove
Peach + Rosemary
Cilantro + Watermelon
Watermelon + Jalapeno
Coconut + Chamomile
Molasses + Apple + Cinnamon
Banana + Molasses ? (not sure how this one will turnout..)

How are you guys adding your flavor combinations? I know they need to be added in a secondary environment, such as at bottling. Obviously juice is the most common answer, but there are many flavor combos I'd like to try that aren't available in juice form. For instance, mango/habanero. Should I just juice the fruit and peppers? Puree? Not a big fan of sludge in my booch, so I tend to stay away from juice with lots of pulp, which leads me to believe a puree wouldn't be the best way to go.

I have been using some flavored teas, like Lipton has a mangosteen and white peach green tea. It's great just by fermenting the kombucha. I usually use at least 2 black tea bags along with the green tea.

But I also did a batch of that, then put fresh strawberries and peaches in it, and it was good. Strawberry is strong.

Lately, the best flavor is any kind of tea for the kombucha, then I add this Superfruit 7 juice from Aldi. I'm sure there is another "real" brand of it. I put 1 oz of juice in a 12 oz bottle and fill it with booch. Leave it out on the counter for 3 days, then in the fridge. It got really fizzy after about 2 weeks cold.

I also was fermenting it all the way out, then making a batch of Yogi blueberry green tea with sugar. Mix it half and half booch to fresh tea, or 75/25, depending on how sweet or tangy you want it. That was pretty good, too.

I like to change it up and try different flavors. I saw a spiced cider recipe - heat the cider with spices, then add it to the booch. I might try that with some, although aren't we getting pumpkin and cider spiced out?

I use my ninja which purees the fruit or herbs. then after a week of second ferment in a flip top sealed bottle, i use my strainer and funnel into a different bottle to get the pulp/baby scoby/yeast out.

I use my ninja which purees the fruit or herbs. then after a week of second ferment in a flip top sealed bottle, i use my strainer and funnel into a different bottle to get the pulp/baby scoby/yeast out.

Does it keep the carbonation that way?

you can flavor it a few days bottle or jar, then sift the pulp and bottle with a flip top sealed bottle and carb it up for about four or five days to get it really fizzy. Also I forgot to mention when I puree my mixture I ad the fruit/herbs and some kombucha in to get it really liquefied. my ninja is just a glorified blender, so a blender would do.

I found a new way to not get pulp in flavored booch. Add your puree to a separate brewing vessel with lid and your kombucha without scoby. Let your herbs fruit spices infuse for two days. Then you filter the crud with a strainer in the final bottles. I know it sounds like a lot of steps, but it's better then getting a mouth full of pulp.

Back