Need advice on kegging my blue moon extract clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
It has been fermenting for around 10 days. I want it ready to drink for Thanksgiving. Would you just put it in even if it wasn't 100% done fermenting (it is probably 95%) or what?

Would you just put it in even if it wasn't 100% done fermenting?

If I had to rush part of it, I'd rush the carbing rather than the fermentation and conditioning. You can set it at 30 psi for 36-48 hrs and then turn it down to serving pressure for a couple days and have well carbed beer in just a few days.

There is no cure for green beer. Believe me I know from experience. I'd agree with Juan that let it ferment out. Set carb to 2-3 times the serving pressure for 36 hours then purge and set to serving for at least 48 hours to settle in. It may be undercarbed but at least it should be tasty. FYI - I do a Blue Moon Clone myself and serve at 17psi on my setup where normal ale/lager I serve at 12psi. I've read that higher psi is right for Wheat Beers.

Back