Shipyard Fuggles IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aubie Stout

Reaction score
Is this a good representation of the English style IPA? I tried it tonight and like it very much. I have a mild, ordinary bitter, and a continental IPA on deck.

Edit: Aubie Stout, I am adding this to your post to eliminate redundant posts about the beer. Not highjacking.

Found the locally and wanted to try it and get an understanding of Fuggles. Not that skilled at descriptions but thought I would pass on my impression.

Brewery: The Shipyard

Beer: India Pale Ale (Single hop: Fuggles)

Aroma: earthy, herbal, kind of green

Bitterness: Definite bitter quality. Wasn't too bitter for me, but helped to know I prefer malty over heavy hop quality in beers.

Alc (%bv): 5.8%

Cost: ~$11 per six pack

Notes:

Good beer and helps to understand Fuggles without doing a SMaSH or ordering the hop. Slight after taste from Fuggles but not unpleasant. I would recommend this beer for anyone new to brewing that wants to get a good understanding of an earth English hop and I thought it was neat that a brewery tried an IPA with a low AA hop. I now know that I like English hops and will brew with them in the near future.

Buy it again?: Maybe

Back