Lagunitas Little Sumpin'Sumpin' Ale extract recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGingerelli

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has a clone recipe for Lagunitas Little Sumpin'Sumpin' Ale, or a close home made recipe they would be willing to share. Looking for an extract recipe. Thanks. Just stalked the fridge with it will I can get it, but would really like to brew it.

Thanks!!

Wondering if anyone has a clone recipe for Lagunitas Little Sumpin'Sumpin' Ale, or a close home made recipe they would be willing to share. Looking for an extract recipe. Thanks. Just stalked the fridge with it will I can get it, but would really like to brew it.

Thanks!!

The fridge should be stationary. I assume stalking it would be fairly easy.

I however, do not have a recipe for you. Sorry.

I just drank 2 of these, wonderful! i like this, Im gonna try and come up with something? Im sure the malt will go a little like 80% pale 20% wheat.
hops? well i just finised me a batch of nelson sauvin/cascade ipa i brewed, this reminds me of it, has the same hop smell, im probaly not far off, i might try some citra hop with this as well, good thread, for a good beer.

Based on what I read about it you should shoot for an imperial wheat recipe and then hop the hell out of it. Using all Hops starting with C

I have heard of a "gumball wheat"? hopped with rillo, seen here, and on the net, good ratings, is this similar or better? i didnt even realize this was a wheat at first?

i used what i was able to find out about that beer as a guideline to concoct something and it turned out great, similar body and color, but not grapefruity enough (but i was actually trying to change the hop profile a little, it was a tad grapefruity for me).

9# 2 row
3# White wheat
1# Crystal 20
0.5# Victory

80% eff (OG 1.062), mashed at 152, FG ended up being 1.010 (6.8% ABV)
IBU: 58 (rager)
All late hopped

30 min:
28.00 gm Columbus

20 min:
28.00 gm Centennial
28.00 gm Cascade

10 min:
28.00 gm Cascade
28.00 gm Columbus

0 min:
9.00 gm Cascade
9.00 gm Columbus
8.00 gm Centennial

Dry:
28.00 gm Centennial
28.00 gm Chinook

again, i think the grain bill is very close to sumpin sumpin, but i would add more grapefruity hops. the centennial i used gave it a very orangey smell and a little pine from the chinook.

edit: sorry, didn't see the extract part, should be about 8 lb of pale LME and 2# of wheat LME and steeped victory/crystal. that would get you the same OG as i had, but i think sumpin sumpin is a tad higher than 6.8

The grain bill actually has 3 types of wheat in it. This is what I came up with for an extract, notice the gallon sizes when you make adjustments. I have two yeasts listed due to the fact that it went into two fermenters. This being extract, only one "wheat".

http://hopville.com/recipe/292875/american-wheat-or-rye-beer-recipes/summer-hoppy-wheat-ale

malt & fermentables
% LB OZ Malt or Fermentable ppg °L
56% 13 0 Briess GOLD LME info 34 5
39% 9 0 Wheat Liquid Extract info 36 3
5% 1 4 American Crystal 20L info 34 20

Batch size: 11.0 gallons Original Gravity
(1.065 to 1.076)
Final Gravity
(1.015 to 1.019)
Color
8° SRM / 15° EBC
(Gold to Copper)