Anyone speak Chinese?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayWhat1

Reaction score
I'm in the process of learning Chinese and they my teachers always want me to talk about my hobbies. Seeing as how homebrewing is one of my favorite things to do(I'm jonesin too, I haven't brewed in almost a year and a half.) I'd like to talk about it. But I find that my homebrewing vocabulary is severely lacking, most of the dictionaries I have lack on this front, and my teachers have no idea what I'm talking about when I talk about mash tuns, cold break, or secondary fermenters.

If I get time I'll probably start piece it together my self, but the course is a bit demanding.

你会说汉语吗? 我也会说! 怎么了哥们儿!

Ahoy there,

I'm in China right now.

I'll ask some of my buddies about beer/brewing vocabulary, but I doubt I'll get many useful answers. I'll let you know if I get anything good, though.

Cheers

I keep trying to teach myself Mandarin, but I don't get too far past the first couple of lessons.

Ahoy there.

I consulted the gigantic oxford english-chinese dictionary at work.

No pinyin, unfortunately.

This is what I came up with:

beerwords.jpg

My reading/writing skills are crap, but that should at least get you pointed in the right direction!

Gan Bei!

edit: oops, shameful fermentor typo. my engrish is failing me

Back