Hop Vine Damage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki-ri-n

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So we had a pretty big wind storm and my vines of Centennial (2) came down :mad: That actually might have saved them from any further damage but one vine has about a 6" long "split" along the vine that's about a 1/3 of the way through the stalk. When I re-hanged them, I did add extra support to prevent that section from twisting or possibly causing any further damage (or so I hope).

Are there any other measures to take to help strengthen that area? I though of using super glue along the split (similar to using it on a regular wound because it would hold it together & it's sterile). But I wasn't sure on what it's effect would be on a hop plant.

Gluing a split bine is unlikely to improve any outcome beyond good support. The hope should be that enough of the transport fibers are intact to sustain the plant. Gluing won't change that...

Cheers!

Back