Help! Need easy recipe (No Extract)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyPX120

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am coming to the experts on this one, I'm a beer brewer looking for an easy soda recipe. I need something to serve my guests who just don't feel like having a beer. I will be force carbonating in kegs to serve on draft.

-- What i'm looking for is a none extract based recipe (don't even care what type of soda) but i'm looking to keep the ingredients to things i can pick up at the normal super market, 5 gallon batch recipes will be appreciated.... Thanks a bunch guys!!

Hey guys, I am coming to the experts on this one, I'm a beer brewer looking for an easy soda recipe. I need something to serve my guests who just don't feel like having a beer. I will be force carbonating in kegs to serve on draft.

-- What i'm looking for is a none extract based recipe (don't even care what type of soda) but i'm looking to keep the ingredients to things i can pick up at the normal super market, 5 gallon batch recipes will be appreciated.... Thanks a bunch guys!!

Ginger ale? My recipe is on the bottom, but there are others that look great: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f171/

I've got one that I ended up with trying to make something completely different. It's pretty good, but I don't have a name for it yet. The batch makes just over 2 quarts. The text in italics is just notes I made on the brands I used. Nothing exotic in the recipe.

2 quarts filtered water. My tap water tastes bad, hence the filtered.
1 cup granulated sugar.
2 tbs molasses. Grandma's original, unsulphured.
1/4 tsp rum flavoring. Kroger imitation rum extract.
1/4 cup lemon juice. ReaLemon 100% juice.
2 tsp vanilla extract. I used really cheap imitation vanilla extract.
1/4 tsp almond extract. Great Value Pure Almond Extract.

You must be looking for some quick kegging recipes.

I have some quick ones for a sarsaprilla, coconut lime, and ginger ale. All very easy with stuff from the grocery (aside from sarsaprilla root and wintergreen leaves, check your local health food store).

The coconut lime has always been a huge hit at all the gatherings I've taken it to. Inverting the sugar is optional, but it does give better sweetness for the amount of sugar going in.

Back