Ideas for a Warm Fermenting Brew?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuelhof

Reaction score
Hey all, I have successfully completed my move to Colorado, and I am now looking for ideas on what I can brew without getting lots of off flavors. The house I live in is not air conditioned, so during the day (lately) the house is getting up to around 78 degrees, but cools down to around 67 at night. It there a yeast that will work well in this temperature range? I'd rather not brew something and have it ruined by too high of a fermentation temp! Thanks for your help!

Kevin

You could actually do a belgian style depending on the yeast you use. Also, some Wit yeast uses temps close to your range.

And of course, Saison would be a nice choice.

hmmm...I hadn't thought of doing a Saison, but that may be the best route to go for this batch, and then something a bit cooler fermenting as it cools here in the mountains... Thanks for the suggestions, and keep them coming!

Here's what I do in the desert. I bought some of these "cube coolers" from wally world and cut the holes in the top as shown:

EmptyCooler.jpg

Then put your carboys in them, and I freeze bottles of water and put one in each corner. I change them out daily. Works pretty well, especially if its already 78 there.

I also have a couple that I have cut to the size of corney kegs, and use them as keg coolers.

Latest posts

Back