What's my final ABV?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPKnWA

Reaction score
Earlier this fall I pressed a bunch of apples I picked at home and made a 1 gallon batch of fresh cider with some honey added. After Primary for a few weeks and secondary for another 5-6 weeks I sweetened it with some store bought cider and bottled.

My OG was 1.066 after adding the honey. FG was 1.004 just prior to bottling which would make for an ABV of about 8%. Then I added store bought cider until the SG was 1.015 and bottled it. I let it carb in the bottles for a few days and then stove top pasteurized.

The cider I added was about 1.055 SG.

After adding what seemed like a quart or two of new cider I have no I idea what my ABV is now. Any math wizards want to help me out? Any online calculators for future use? Thanks!

You are in luck -- I am a math nerd. I calculated with two different sets of assumptions and both times came up with 6.4% ABV. It's right there, plus or minus about 0.1% if I'm wrong. Enjoy. Cheers.

I've had two beers, a Rockstar, a Percocet, and it's been years since I've figured mixture tables in algebra. After some careful calculations and scrutiny, I can say with certainty that bacon is better pan fried than baked or microwaved. I also discovered that sweat makes some things stick and some things slide... There's no algebraic table for that.

I've had two beers, a Rockstar, a Percocet, and it's been years since I've figured mixture tables in algebra. After some careful calculations and scrutiny, I can say with certainty that bacon is better pan fried than baked or microwaved. I also discovered that sweat makes some things stick and some things slide... There's no algebraic table for that.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmaTxljCoKk[/ame]

Back