Is organic grain worth the cost?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanmcl

Reaction score
I see the cost to go organic is always higher. Is there a distinct flavor/quality difference going organic?

No.

The goal in organic is not higher quality, exactly, but a product free from non-organic processes. How much that's worth to you is, ultimately, up to you.

No.

The goal in organic is not higher quality, exactly, but a product free from non-organic processes. How much that's worth to you is, ultimately, up to you.

interesting, I'm not sure what that is worth to me. I'm just trying to make the best beer possible with the finest ingredients.

MalFet said:
No.
How much that's worth to you is, ultimately, up to you.

The "green" movement in all fields, which in my opine is how it should be as a conscientious human .. is an opportunity to be greedy and charge a bit more ... I.e. Whole Paycheck... I mean Foods...counterintuitive ....Yes....but reality....

I would say its only worth it if you would pay a premium for organic fruits and vegetables.

Back