WaterLime Wheat - Trying to add a little kick.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tone091

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to brew a Boundary Waters Wheat from MW and noticed that the ABV on it is going to be kinda low. I plan on adding some Watermelon and Lime to it after a week in the primary. Assuming I get the highest SG and lowest FG it would be .044-.009, so I think my calculation would be 35/7.5 for ABV, giving me a 4.6, is this calc correct. I was hoping it would be in the mid 5 range. Any suggestions on what I can do to get the SG up a little bit, I have the wyeast 1010 activator, or do you think the addition of the watermelon and lime will give it enough extra sugars to bring it up?

The watermelon and lime will add a bit to the OG, but I couldn't tell you how much. You could add a pound of LME or DME (whatever that kit uses) as well- that would add about 8-10 points and put you into the 5%+ range.

I dont have any extra DME or LME around and I really wanted to brew tonight. Do you think .5# of table sugar would work?

Back