Witbier Fermentation Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big supper

Reaction score
Hi all,

Brewed a wit last wednesday and it seems to have finished fermenting. Our original plan was to leave it 2 weeks in primary and go straight to bottles. We want to reuse the yeast cake and the only opporunity to brew would put us bottling after only 9 days. Is this rushing it way too much or do you think it'll work?

Simply answered with another question: What does your hydrometer say?

If you've flatlined - i.e., if you've observed successive like readings - the beer has finished fermenting, and it's safe to transfer/package it.

You'll get many different opinions as to whether or not it's a good idea to rack it for a little while. Some think it's wise to rack it to a carboy to bulk-age and let the flavors meld a little bit. I think witbier is best consumed as young as possible, rough edges and all, so I say package it. Your mileage may vary.

Cheers,

Bob

Two weeks is probably about right... belgian yeast can be stubborn and stay in suspension longer. Once its bottled/kegged you'll want to wait like another 3-4 weeks before drinking any...

Latest posts

Back