Hearing Test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
This is pretty cool. My brother sent me this....he said he can hear up to 14KHz. I figured with the concerts, and the time on the flightline, I would have pretty significant high-freq loss. Surprisingly, I can hear up to 17 KHz.

http://www.jimmyr.com/blog/hearingloss.html

Just click on the frequencies to hear them, and click on "stop sound" to eh, stop the sound.

I'm only good until 11khz, I guess that's 28 years in the airline industry. But, I do have to have a hearing test every year and do fine there.

Didn't hear anything! Maybe I should put the speaker back in the computer case?

Had an official test last spring following an ear infection & have some loss above 15KHz.

Surely it depends on you're speaker performance?

I can hear them all and I know my ears are knackered. Too much clubin'.
The higher the frequency the lower the volume.

I'm 30 cough.

I was REALLY worried because I couldn't hear anything... then once I took my speakers off "mute" I could hear pretty clearly up to 15000. 16000 was almost more of a sensation than a sound, I think I could pick up 17000 but above that it's all silence.

MariaAZ said:
I was REALLY worried because I couldn't hear anything... then once I took my speakers off "mute" I could hear pretty clearly up to 15000. 16000 was almost more of a sensation than a sound, I think I could pick up 17000 but above that it's all silence.

I heard pretty well up to 17000 and then I was done, but my husband kept hearing it. I blame it on too many rock concerts in my youth! However, I never go around saying "Huh?" or anything like that. I just smile and nod. :D

Lorena

david_42 said:
Didn't hear anything! Maybe I should put the speaker back in the computer case?

Had an official test last spring following an ear infection & have some loss above 15KHz.

I can't hear anything either. I tried headphones and my speakers.

I can kinda feel 17,000, but I'm not sure I would have picked it up if I didn't know it was there.

EDIT: Computer speakers, I didn't try yet with headphones.

I can 'hear' 19KHz but it sounds like I'm picking up on the 'recorded background' rather than the actual pitch. I'm listening on some half decent Pro DJ Headphones - SWMBO (who's 15 years younger than me) can hear 20KHz.

My hearing sucks, but so do my speakers. I'm trying to see what my dog responds to, but she's busy licking herself. Lucky *****.

I couldn't hear anything after 15 kH. I'm going to assume that that's where the test stops and anything higher than that is just tomfoolery.

Now my ears are ringing and it won't go away!

Back