Stone Brewing in the show "Weeds"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susitna4

Reaction score
Not really a homebrew topic, but does anybody watch the show Weeds? I just finished the 5th season on DVD and noticed Andy Botwin wearing a Stone Brewing t-shirt a couple times and drinking Ruination. Wonder if they paid for that?

I think he's just a fan and does his best to get the logo on TV. I believe it has been discussed on here before.

don't get to watch weeds, but the actors in The Unit always conveniently drank Stella. there was some show i was watching the other day that had a few convenient shots of Chimay Grand Reserve.

if you watch carefully, that whole season of Weeds is littered with Stone products. It's like a Where's Waldo with beer.

Not to switch the subject or anything, but I was watching Rob Zombies Halloween 2 yesterday and noticed the girls were drinking New Belgium. It was pretty much the same though...they only showed parts of the label so it took a trained eye to tell.

I'm a big fan of Friends, and I always enjoy looking to see what kind of beer Chandler and Joey have on top of their fridge. They always have a sixer up there, and it's usually something like Dos Equis, but the other day, I saw a Sierra Nevada up there the other day...

Oh, BTW, I just had my first Stone the other day. I was down in Dallas, and found a store that sells the Smoked Porter and the Arrogant Bastard, both were transcendental.... wish I could find it here....

In Reno 911 they always drink Dogfish Head whenever any of them are having a beer. I think it's just that some people appreciate good beer and want to help get it out there a little, or they are beer snobs and don't want to be seen drinking BMC by there friends while on TV.

Back