MID OHIO BREWERS SOCIETY BREWDAY April/May??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad it's not on 6/22! I'm leaving Cincy on Sunday to head to Youngstown, going right through Columbus! I hope you do it another time when I'm in the area!

I'll be flying out of Columbus on Sunday the 22nd fresh off the NHC. SWMBO and I planned on making a day of it in Cincy on Saturday, but perhaps a I can change her mind... we will be stayin in Columbus on Saturday night.

Can someone PM me the details?

I'll be flying out of Columbus on Sunday the 22nd fresh off the NHC. SWMBO and I planned on making a day of it in Cincy on Saturday, but perhaps a I can change her mind... we will be stayin in Columbus on Saturday night.

Can someone PM me the details?

PM done and done

We are starting at 9 AM, but role won't be taken - feel free to show up whenever. The plan is to have lunch maybe 1-2 PM. Bring some beer and maybe chips, or a side if you want to show off the wife's (or your own) recipe for some mean slaw.

Attendance so far looks like 6-7 brewers and a few SWMBOs. It will be a good time. Even if it rains we can brew in the garage (which is where the 3 tap kegerator is, BTW). :)

EDIT: If you want to bring some meat to throw on the smoker with the loins please do so. We are doing about a 5 hour smoke @200F.

pork loin is going on soon. awesome day so far. I'm 20 min into the boil... I added some rosemary to my IPA - it seemed like a good idea at the time!

Cheers!

I would love to be there....I have my niece's bday party today. We need to schedule another MOB meeting in July possibly or early August....sounds like we have people who are interested but seems like today is a busy day for plans. Keep me in the loop for the next brew day. I'm in Columbus and would love to hook up with everyone. Anyone going down to Barleys tomorrow for the afternoon with the brewers? I have a beer in the finals...I cant wait to hear the results. Top 10 out of 80 so far...

The brew-day went great Saturday! I only got one of my two brews done but after munching down some pork and my SWMBOs spring rolls I wasn't able to move too fast!

I'll try and get some pics up later today.

I would def. want to do another get together sometime when some of you guys can make it. It would be a good time to meet some new faces and see some new techniques.

Have been in LA all week, but here are a few pics from last weekend. NO ONE from this board showed up. You should all be ashamed.

I was forced to eat 3 lbs. of pork loin, drink 2 gallons of beer, and smoke great several cigars. Also got a sunburn on me pale a$$. That being said, enjoy some pictures. Bish, post some you took (the wort chiller one)!!

img2953wr2.jpg
King of the Castle, SOB

img2964ux8.jpg

Yes, pig is a filthy animal but it's also delicious.

img2969jc1.jpg

????

img2957lu5.jpg

Actual brewing picture!

Since Chill poster so many "brewing picture" here are a few more with some actual brewing and less cell phone talking!

Nice 3-tier setup

Good stuff!

It LOOKS like he's doing some work!

SWMBO enjoying some sun.

So there you go fellas! I ran out of (carbed) homebrew early and had to switch to good-tasting, green stuff then finished off the night with some PBR. It's all good...

Until next time...some of you HBT guys/gals better show up next time. Maybe we'll have a fall get together?

So there you go fellas! I ran out of (carbed) homebrew early and had to switch to good-tasting, green stuff then finished off the night with some PBR. It's all good...

Until next time...some of you HBT guys/gals better show up next time. Maybe we'll have a fall get together?

I totally missed the boat on this one. Didn't find the thread until today

Is there a way to do a (Central Ohio) pinglist on HBT as is done on other sites? It would be good to have sort of a loosely organized group through this site.

I'm in, if someone knows how to put that together.

JW

I recall some mapping service by google. This site has one of those, or at least did years ago. I think olllllllo posted it

Latest posts

Back