BMs Centennial Blond with strawberry infused moonshine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rover

Reaction score
I have a pint of moonshine infused with frozen strawberry's :drunk: I probably will never be able to drink the stuff again (don't want to talk about it) and I was thinking I could use some of it for a few bottles of the Centennial Blond I brewed last weekend. I read that strawberry's and this beer go great together and thought I could give it a try.

I do have a couple of problems though:
1) How much of the stuff should I use to bottle a 12 pack?
2) Should I even try using it? Sugar was added to sweeten it up and I don't know if I would be making bottle bombs or not.

I was thinking I could use my hydrometer to figure out how much sugar it has in it and go from there. Any ideas how could I do that?

If it's a bad idea all around, Is anybody interested in some Good ole Tennesse moonshine infused with strawberry's?

If I were to do it, I would put a 2-6 ounces into your secondary so that the fermentable sugars will ferment out before adding priming sugar and bottling. You will have a lot less of a chance of bottle bombs and you can just measure the proper priming sugar amount.

Thanks for the reply John ,
I usually don't secondary, and I didn't want to do it to the whole batch. I think I'm going to skip it this time and try it with the next batch in the manner you suggested.

If I wanted to do it to the whole batch without racking to a secondary, Could I just do it in the primary?

Holy thread redemption, but I'm about to do something similar but with apple pie shine and a stout. Did you ever do this? How did it turn out?

Latest posts

Back