Recipe Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmrose596

Reaction score
I am looking for a FREE brewing software like brewsmith. I am a new brewer and would like to be able to keep records of all my brewing. Buta as a new homebrewer i dont know what information to keep but a program like brewsmih is excellent at keeping records. If anyone could help that would be great.

I'm a 22 year old college student and I do things the old school way... Pen and paper while brewing, and re-write it again when I'm done. I keep everything in a notebook!

Obviously someone knows a helluva lot more about keeping records on a computer than I do...

I like writing things down rather than typing because I sort of store it in my head for the future.

/end of my tangent

nmrose596 said:
I am looking for a FREE brewing software like brewsmith. I am a new brewer and would like to be able to keep records of all my brewing..
I'm loving BrewSmarts. They have an online interface and an iPhone app (dunno about android). Its Extremely useful.

Oh and free!

Amen. It does everything I want it to do, very simply. :rockin:

Except, evidently the previous poster doesn't know how to spell. Correct link below.

http://beercalculus.hopville.com/recipe

EDIT: Here's my profile: http://hopville.com/brewer/jbrookeiv

I suggest setting one up so that you can save your recipes there.

This is the same program I used for a long time before I bought Beer Tools Pro. The only thing I didnt like was the Mash and Sparge Calculator, so I wold put my total grains in Brew 365 to figure that out and it was pretty dead on.

I have been working on a spreadsheet for the last year or so if you're interested? PM me and I'll send it to you as I don't have it posted anywhere...it still has a few bugs to grind out...mainly the "possible beer color" display and changing a few wordings and cleaning it up a bit but it's a work horse. I've been very happy with the brews that have come out of it. It let's you take into consideration your water and pitching rates of yeast too! If anyone else wants a copy just PM me and I will send you a copy...all I ask is if you send me the results of how it worked for you and if you liked :) Can't guarantee that I can send it out untill this Sunday at the soonest...just to take time to clean it up a little.

Latest posts

Back