WTF Mother Effers! I hate judges!! (UFC Spoiler)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
I just got through watching the Franklin/Hendo fight and goddamnit they ****ing gave the split decision to Henderson in that fight!! Dude, halfway through the 3rd round my buddy called me and I paused it long enough to tell him that if I was a judge I would definitely have been ruling in Franklins favor.

An accidental headbutt that caused a cut (thank you Hendo)
An inadvertent (serious) poke to the eye (thank you again Hendo)
A couple of takedowns that you did nothing with (Hendo)
TOTAL Octagon control, crisper shots, LOTS of body kicks and not even half as gassed as Hendo is - Rich Franklin.

But still (somehow) the judges scored a split decision for Hendo. I think the only judge who had a clue was the one who scored it 30-27 for Franklin. (Surprisingly Dan found that surprising)

I am by no means a Bisping fan, but I hope Bisping tools your ass when you fight him.
****in judges... Never leave it in their hands.
-Me

Dude, what about the referee in the rua coleman fight? I have never seen a fight called in mma, before the fighter even hits the ground. That was a ****ing boxing ref for sure.

Refs and judges ruin the fights soooooo much.

I was just as suprised as you were with the hendo franklin fight. I am sick of takedowns wich do nothing someone being considered pointworthy.

I don't know guys. I mean, the right man won the fight. Did you see Franklin's face when Bruce announced one judge gave him a 30/27 win?? He knew he lost. Believe it or not I wanted Franklin to win, but I also believe Hendo was the better fighter yesterday.

And though I do think the Rua/Coleman fight was called early, it would have only taken one more punch from Rua to leave no doubt. Coleman shocked me in that last round though. I thought for sure he wasn't gonna make it that long.

I don't know guys. I mean, the right man won the fight. Did you see Franklin's face when Bruce announced one judge gave him a 30/27 win?? He knew he lost. Believe it or not I wanted Franklin to win, but I also believe Hendo was the better fighter yesterday.

And though I do think the Rua/Coleman fight was called early, it would have only taken one more punch from Rua to leave no doubt. Coleman shocked me in that last round though. I thought for sure he wasn't gonna make it that long.

I guess I need to watch the fight again to take a look at that. You could see Rich raising his right hand (in victory) when Buffer was announcing the last judges score. (He honestly thought he won)

As far as the Rua/Coleman fight, that was a joke. BOTH fighters were gassed beyond recognition. While I do agree that the fight was stopped a bit prematurely, I dont think that Coleman was doing a whole lot to protect himself when he went down for the final time. I would have given him a few more seconds to see what sort of defense he would have mounted. Rua was too gassed to inflict a whole lot more damage anyway...

Like Coleman said - lets do it again.
(And this defense of the man comes from a total non-fan of Coleman. (I think he should have retired a long time ago)
-Me

Back