Cost Efficient.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
What is your go to beer? We all know that beer prices have gone up over the past year or so. We all have our favorite beers that we will pay what ever the price... every now and again. But what is your favorite "pound for pound," most "bang for the buck," go to beer. Best quality for the least amount of money. That are not BMC beers, or home brew. Here are my favorites.....

1. La Fin Du Monde..... I work at a liquor store, so with my discount, I get La Fin at $6.00 for a 750ml. I love the flavor, a great Belgian style golden ale, for a great price.

2. Anderson Valley Brother David's Tiple..... A great triple with a great body, and great flavor. Great beer, and goes down very smooth. I love ending the day with one of these.

3. Great Lakes Black Out Stout.... At 9% ABV and the fact that the store close to my house (not the one I work at) sells this for 6.99 a 4 pack, its a bargain that I seldom pass up when I go there. I think I have about 2 cases in my "cellar" AKA bedroom closet because I buy a four pack every time I go in there.

4. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 22oz Bombers.... Again working at the liquor store and getting a discount is an awesome advantage. I can get a case of bombers for 19.00 bucks!!!!! For an everyday go to beer, it does not get much better than this. This might sound crazy, and I could be completely wrong, but it taste better out of a bomber.

5. Brooklyn's Black Chocolate Stout.... Yet again, I will play the discount card. I get Black Chocolate Stout for about 7.00 a six pack. And with the fact that it only comes out once a year, for that price I stock up with as much as I can fit in my closet!!!!!

What are your favorites? Whether you get a discount or not. What are your favorite beers that are the best in quality, but do the least amount of damage to your check book.......

Might as well give this a go since beer and the value of a dollar are both near and dear to my heart. IF I had to make a list these would easily make the list, and depending where I shop don't put to big of a hurting on the wallet.

1. North Coast Old Rasputin RIS - Saw this on Friday at a local Woodman's for $6.99 a four-pack. Checked the label and the price was correct.

2. Moylans Kilt Lifter - Binny's was selling this for $3.79 a bomber, but they seem to have raised their price to $4.29. For the extra $0.50 still worth it for me.

3. North Coast Old Stock Ale - Different Woodman's grocery, but the tag still had the price at $7.99 a four-pack. Didn't have the room last trip, will have to make room on the next trip. Not many 12.5% beers I can pick up for $2 a bottle.

4. Summit Winter Ale - This seems to be my "pick up a sixer on the way to a holiday party" beer that is hopphobic. In my book, this ranks above the Sam Adams Winter Lager that most of my friends look forward to each winter.

5. Mendocino Imperial IPA - There are better, hoppier IPA's out there, but at $6.99 regular price a sixer this one is a winner in my book.

There are probably many other choices that meet these criteria, Sierra Nevada Celebration and Hennepin come to mind, but if I keep going the spirit of your thread will have the opposite effect on my wallet!

Here's my go to beer. I keep the bottles too.

SNPAatSamsClub.jpg

Back