Thoughts on this complete brewery setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kloon

Reaction score
Okay so let me start of by saying that I have been trolling these forums for a while now and in the past 2 months done a few coopers kits and also some partial mashes, now I would like to move onto all grain and are looking at sourcing the right equipment.

I live in Cape Town, South Africa and homebrewing is not very big here and we are really limited to a few suppliers, my preferred supplier being the one I will list below.

In my quest to source the correct equipment I was thinking of perhaps just buying this complete setup instead of sourcing the equipment piece by piece.

http://thebeerkeg.co.za/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=253

It comes to a total of about $1100, what do you guys think?

Looks like a good set-up for 10 gal batches. Personally, I think it's too expensive. But, if your having trouble finding equipment in your area and you don't want to do any fab work yourself, then, do what you gotta do.

Awesome, thanks for the advice, think I'll make this a DIY project for me.

Kloon said:
Okay so let me start of by saying that I have been trolling these forums for a while now and in the past 2 months done a few coopers kits and also some partial mashes, now I would like to move onto all grain and are looking at sourcing the right equipment.

I live in Cape Town, South Africa and homebrewing is not very big here and we are really limited to a few suppliers, my preferred supplier being the one I will list below.

In my quest to source the correct equipment I was thinking of perhaps just buying this complete setup instead of sourcing the equipment piece by piece.

http://thebeerkeg.co.za/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=253

It comes to a total of about $1100, what do you guys think?

Is that U.S.A $ ???? yeah that's way to much.

i don't think that is too expensive, expensive is relative of course but this includes the kettles, plumbing and the stand for $1100. you could build it for less i suppose but if you don't have the time this really is a good price. had i seen a deal like this when i started brewing, and knowing what i know now, i would have bought a system like this. i just bought a top tier stand and that's $835 without kettles so $1100 for a complete system seems very reasonable to me. i'm not aware of any complete system for that price here in the usa.

It is hard to tell without knowing what the prices are over there.

Edit:
If you compare to the price from morebeer, it is pretty good.

a vial of white labs yeast = $11

$1 = 7 ZAR

Here we get the white lab vial for $7.
It means that the sculpture the OP would pay $1100 over there would cost $700 in the US. For a gravity fed sculpture with 3 pots, all the connections and a chiller, it sounds good!

Here we get the white lab vial for $7.
It means that the sculpture the OP would pay $1100 over there would cost $700 in the US. For a gravity fed sculpture with 3 pots, all the connections and a chiller, it sounds good!

exactly. i can see why some would say it's expensive when compared to a diy stand but compared to complete systems from any vendor i've looked at, it's cheap.

Back