minor oversight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe028

Reaction score
A little advice for a friend is needed. He made a slight mistake when bottling. It was an English Brown that was bottled into twenty three 22oz bottles and six 12oz bottles. The problem arose when he woke up in the middle of the night because he realized that he forgot to mix in any priming sugar before bottling!

I suggested slowly dumping them back into bottling bucket with priming sugar then re-bottle, but he's looking for something quicker. I have seen on here that adding 1/2 teaspoon corn sugar per bottle would work for 12 oz bottles. Is that mixed with water first or just dropped in dry?

Any suggestions on how to fix this ever so slight dilemma would be appreciated.

Joe

Do you have a HBS nearby? You can get carbination tablets that should solve the problem right away

yeah he's got a HBS. I just looked them up on the website. Thanks that sounds like a quick fix.

Coopers makes them, and there are a few others as well. The ones that look the best to me are the ones where you add 3-5 tabs depending on your desired level of carbonation.

I like that more than the one-size fits all approach of Coopers tabs. But with that said, I haven't used any of those products.

Back