Johnson temp contol question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaltim

Reaction score
Johnson Controls Refrigerator Thermostat

This is the only pic of this I see online that has a power cord. is this something Northern Brewer is adding, or should it come with the power cord no matter where I buy it?

Even the johnson website shows it w/o power cord
http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com/CAT_PDF/1927010.PDF

Anybody know?
Also, does anyone know for sure which model number Nothern. Brew. sells?

The one I see on ebay and elsewhere is the A19ABC-24C, but the north. brew. stats don't match up with really any of those (between 30 & 80 deg range, and fixed 3.5 differential.)

Thanks,

i would say most places won't sell it with the power cord, but it isn't difficult to wire. there should be a lot of threads that pop up if you search how to wire them. not sure about which model NB sells.

I bought 2 that were pre wired Johnson controls sells them either way. The one from Northern brewer is a decent price I bought one here a while ago when it was 49.95 Micromatic

they are on Ebay all the time

yeh i see several on ebay.. but don't see power cord in pics.. I'd rather just get one with the cord. North. brew. is out of them. austin home brew has it.. but $70.

I just bought one this weekend at my LBHS, it came in the Johnson box, sealed and had a power cord. Can't see how you'd work it without it. It's not a regular power cord. The plug that goes into the wall has an outlet on the plug itself to plug the freezer in. It works by cutting off power to the freezer that way. So if you did get it without the plug...where would you get that specialized plug?

exactly my reasoning for not wanting to get one without it. So you say it came sealed in a johnson box like that? did you look at my link to the pdf? it clearly shows it without it, and all the ones on ebay look like this

ebay link

and there is clearly no power cord.

I emailed a random one and asked, and sure enough.. no power cord.

yeh i see several on ebay.. but don't see power cord in pics.. I'd rather just get one with the cord. North. brew. is out of them. austin home brew has it.. but $70.

Micromatic has them for 65$

Williams is 60$ But all you need do is contact Forrest at Austin he will match the Lowest price with shipping which would be from Northern @ 58.99 plus flat rate of 7.99 shipping

thanks for all the info guys.. got it at midwest.. best price ($64 total), and really not much higher than the used ones on ebay.. at least I know this has the cable, and can be returned if defective.

my ferm. chamber is nearing completion! I shall unveil it soon.

Good luck. I love mine. Upright fridge about 4.5ft high. Fits 2 6 gal buckets or carboys and a couple starters. Works beautifully. Just popped in a Paulaner Heff clone on saturday, set the Johnson to 65'ish and the therma-tape thingy on the side of the bucket reads 68. Couldn't be happier.

The trick is to try to get wort temp, not ambient temp. So on advice from the guy at the LBHS, I taped the sensor onto the bucket and then put some bubble wrap and tin foil on top of that. Works great.

yeh I was planning on just adjusting until my little stick on fermometer reads what I want. I was guessing about 3-5 degree difference. Will probably keep it right at 58-61.

Mine can hold two better bottles, and 6.5 gal bucket ferm.

Just need to put a piece of plexi-glass on the bottom and the door, and it's done! well and need to have the johnson come in, should be here by fri.

I'll post some pics in the 'show me your' thread.

Back